Volunteer For PrideFest Fort Collins
Thanks, everyone! We got an amazing response from volunteers and have filled all available PrideFest volunteer positions. If you'd like to volunteer for The Center Northern Colorado, please contact Heather Camerer at 970-221-3247 or at email@example.com.
We need volunteers to make PrideFest Fort Collins happen and that means you. Click on the positions below for more information.
Volunteer positions include:
General Volunteer Positions (These are weekend-of volunteer positions. To apply for any of these 4 positions, click here.)
Special Forces work with Volunteer Captains and Quadrant Coordinators to load-in, build, maintain, or take-down infrastructure for assigned quadrant Pride weekend. Assist with overall operations as-needed. Must be able to assist with hanging banners, carrying heavy materials, and must be able to be on feet for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk on various terrains and climb stairs. Assist traffic control, and guests as needed. Monitor guests at the festival and report any problems or potential problems to Security, or First Aid. DO not intervene in problematic situations, but instead monitor and report to Volunteer Captain.
Check in at Volunteer Headquarters on the Southwest corner of Civic Park near the Restorative Justice Services building. Traffic Controls work in the morning and evening to ensure that all vehicle traffic is moving in an approved and appropriate manner. They monitor all barricaded intersections and direct traffic as appropriate. Volunteers must be able to remain on their feet and mobile during their 4 hour shift. Volunteers must feel comfortable being politely assertive with inappropriate vehicle traffic.
Family Field Day Volunteer
Check in at Volunteer Headquarters on the Southwest corner of Civic Park near the Restorative Justice Services building. Family Field Day Volunteers help set-up activities, register participants, lead games/activities, and assist the Family Field Day Coordinator as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk on various terrains and climb stairs.
Check in at Volunteer Headquarters on the Southwest corner of Civic Park near the Restorative Justice Services building. These volunteer assist with all volunteer needs. The needs may include, but are not limited to, check-in, handing out t-shirts, food set-up, guiding volunteers to their designated Volunteer Captain and communication.
Committe Positions (These are leadership positions that require a 2-3 month commitment. For info on signing up for these positions, see below):
- Community and Campus Outreach Coordinator: The Community and Campus Outreach Coordinator will work in the Ft. Collins and Colorado community, particularly the campus communities, to promote Ft. Collins PrideFest. Click here for more info.
- Green Initiatives Coordinator: Work with Event Manager to reduce PrideFest’s environmental impact. Click here for more info.
- Family Interactive Area Coordinator: The FIA Coordinator will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing all aspects of the Family Interactive Area and Family Field Day. Click here for more info.
- Transgender Resource Area Assistant Coordinator: The Trans Resource Area Assistant Coordinator will be responsible for helping The Center’s Transgender Program Coordinator to plan, market, and implement the Trans Resource Area on site at Ft. Collins PrideFest. Click here for more info.
- Center Stage Coordinator: The Center Stage Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, securing, and managing all talent for the Center Stage at Ft. Collins PrideFest. Click here for more info.
- Quadrant Coordinator: Work with Event Manager and Production Manager to ensure proper load-in, build, maintenance, and take-down of infrastructure. Click here for more info.
- Dance Stage Coordinator: The Dance Stage Coordinator recruits and lines-up DJs for the dance area at PrideFest and ensures that DJs represent and will entertain the full spectrum of GLBT individuals. Click here for more info.
- VIP Experience Coordinator: The VIP Area Coordinator will create a plan for the VIP Area that will include outreach / sales, and on-site management for the area. Click here for info.
If you're interested in any of the Planning Committee volunteer leadership opportunities, please email a letter of interest with relevant experience and a resume to Amy Drayer.
Interested in volunteering for other opportunitis at PrideFest Fort Collins? Email Juli German at firstname.lastname@example.org.