Smoking takes a hold of you
It takes just seven cigarettes for smoking to get addicting. And that’s something you don’t want to have happen. You’re beautiful, inside and out. So why let tobacco change that? Smoking and chewing tobacco has a number of negative effects on your body that may not have realized.
- Cigarette smoking increases the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Smoking increases the risk of lung problems such as asthma, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer and emphysema.
- The effects of smoking can cause cataracts and macular degeneration. In addition to decreasing your sense of taste and smell, smoking can lead to gastric ulcers and other digestive problems.
- In men, smoking is linked to impotence and infertility.
- In pregnant women, the effects of smoking include an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, placenta previa, miscarriage, and premature birth.
If that isn’t enough, check out some of the cosmetic effects tobacco use can have on your body.
- In many cases, smoking causes yellow teeth and chronic bad breath.
- Smoking dehydrates your skin and deprives it of essential oxygen. If you were to quit smoking today, you’d see smoother and more radiant skin in less than one week.
- As the chemicals from cigarettes are absorbed into the bloodstream, they constrict the blood vessels, including the tiny capillaries located near the surface of the skin, causing wrinkles and early aging.
- Some studies have suggested that smoking adds about 10 years to a person’s perceived age.